Friday, August 12, 2011

Guess What? It's Raining!

While most people from home are heading off to the Newport Fair in the summer heat, I am sitting in a room thousands of miles away. It is slightly chilly, and has been raining all day. My computer is balanced awkwardly on my lap and there are two Jack Russell Terriers on either side of me. Hence my present state of discomfort. If I put on elbow down like I want to do, I will disturb Roxie. I can't make too much movement or else I will disturb Maggie who has wrapped herself around me somehow and refuses to move. This is my day. Amanda and Orla are working on their theses (supposedly) and, after a late night of applying for jobs and discussing copyright laws and Harry Potter, I'm still in my pajamas and quite happy about it.

Supposedly, we're going out tonight. I haven't been home since last evening and don't know how I'm supposed to look presentable in my current state of laziness. Shauna just arrived home and the dogs are up and away, hurray! I can stretch my legs! If I can get motivated, I might look for more jobs. Most likely, I'll just crochet some more. That is, until I'm told to get a move on, we have appearances to make. It's a rough existence, this Friday. There is ice cream in the freezer, I'm going to liberate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment