Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oh! The Places You Go!

I am not afraid to admit that I have a problem with procrastination. I'm also unafraid to confess that this has gotten worse as I've gotten older. So, this post comes to you as an attempt to exhaust every possible avenue before working on my feature film treatment. It helps that there have been adventures of late in the land of ire (oh wow, that could take on a totally different meaning!)

This morning is overcast but not dark. It reminds me of summers at home in the mornings right before the humidity sets in and the sun burns the clouds away and you sit at the pool miserable but not wanting to admit it, then finally give up into the ridiculously chilliness of a/c. Except that doesn't really happen here. It's not cold at the moment, but it's cool and it will most likely rain within the hour. Still, due to a wet dog smell invasion of my drawers and closet, I have my clothes hanging outside in hopes that the breeze will air away all smell. I'm going shopping today with Orla and Amanda so will pick up lavender sachets to fight this battle with me. Also on the shopping list, and brace yourself, is a swimsuit. For the first time, I believe I'm going to buy a two piece, not just to wear in my yard, but to wear in public, with people. It's a big step but I figure if old, fat, french woman can go topless, I can wear a two piece. Where will I wear this you ask? ITALY. Duh. Once I finish my schoolwork, I'm figuring out where I'm going to stay in the land of pasta, gelato and men who don't feel guilty about still living with their mother.

This Wednesday, I took off with Kate to Dublin. She was nominated at the Student Media Awards (the Smedias, if you will). I figured, 'Why not? This will be an adventure.' I had suspected this, but it seems that girls are no longer required to wear pants or comb their hair and orange is an acceptable skin tone? Also, I still severely dislike fast talking media people who like to call themselves journalists or whatever they go by these days. You know how becoming a gym coach used to be synonymous with not growing up (or maybe it still is, I don't know)? Well, if you never want to grow up and refuse to believe you're 45 instead of 18, get a job as a 'journalist'. That was a little harsh, but holy cow. In short, Kate and I found two other normal people ( a whole TWO), got our free Bavaria and watched the ceremony in open mouthed dismay (maybe that was just me). In reality, I got through the evening by pretending I was at the Oscars and practicing my polite and attentive yet aloof camera face. I am being completely serious. BUT, despite the awards show, Kate and I had a great time hanging out with her friends in St. Stephen's Green. Have I mentioned the past two weeks have been sunny for the most part? Any day now that will end.

The rest of the week I spent procrastinating/cleaning/taking walks. Oh! and I signed up for a yoga class! It's an intermediate one which I was a bit worried about, but I figured Kate would be there with me so I wasn't all alone. With the exception of two things we did in the first class, I was fine, yes! My lack of coordination is a real hindrance but we shall overcome! I may also not be able to really move that well two days after but I can only take this as a good sign. Maybe one day I will be able to contort my body into a pretzel while balancing on one arm. This is what I strive for, this and an Oscar for life. Like Jenna in 30 Rock says, "There should be an Emmy for living theatrically". Speaking of 30 Rock, should any of you readers want something better to read, Tina Fey has a book out! 'Bossypants'. It looks absolutely amazing. Also, if any of you readers should happen to be my mother, it would make an excellent birthday gift or even a 'wow, I'm so glad you exist' gift. For now, I'm off to write (very slowly) part of my treatment. I leave you with this quote (Tina Fey in response to a hate letter): "To call me an overrated troll, when you have never seen me guard a bridge, is patently unfair." Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment