Thursday, July 28, 2011

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Okay, kiddos. Prepare yourself. Are you sitting down? Because, for the first time in quite a long time actually, I have finished something with time to spare before deadline. Sitting on my desk is a bound portfolio for me to keep. The better looking one is sitting in the English Department. Cross your fingers that the readers like it.

In other news, I went out to celebrate. This week just happens to be Race Week in Galway and I can honestly say that I have never seen such a giant party in my life. It's too much. That doesn't mean I turned around and went home. Oh no. But it does mean that it's too much. Nevertheless, Orla, Shauna, Natasha and I soldiered on and had quite the late night. Now that the portfolio is over, the idea of sleep is just too hard to resist. So I've been catching up.

What does August hold? Job searching, hopefully some travel. And lots of friend time. There'll be some writing in there as well, including smaller, housekeeping projects for this course. Time is winding down. It's strange to think that my year here is almost over. So, my favorite question rears its head, "What am I going to do next?" I have no idea. Suggestions welcome. Maybe a nap first, then the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment