Saturday, September 18, 2010

Some Observations

As I was walking home in the rain today, well throughout the day really, I stockpiled some observations I've made since arriving in Ireland.

1) the girls don't wear pants here. No, seriously, they don't. It's all leggings and really tight skinny jeans. I'm going to have to buy men's jeans if I ever need another pair. I want to post signs sayings tights and leggings are not pants. please put on a skirt or some trousers.

2) tk/tj maxx is globally amazing.

3) subway smells the same no matter where you go. american quiznos reigns supreme.

4) the driving on the other side of the road thing should stop. everyone around the world should drive on the same side, I don't care which. it would just make things easier for pedestrians.

5) america depends way too heavily on corn products. now i'm going through withdrawal.

6) farmer's markets seem more authentic when there are piles of unwashed gigantic carrots lying in a wooden bin. not to mention huge wooden tubs of hummus.

7) no matter what, i'm always going to be a sucker for 1 dollar/euro books.

8) It's a good thing I like tea.

That's all for now. I'm gonna head off to write some stories and laze around on this rainy saturday evening.

2 comments:

  1. #1-thank dog it's not just a faux pas in our country. I wholeheartedly support your move to post a sign about leggings/jeggins/skinny jeans not being pants. I remember last year one of my econ professors asked a girl how she could rationalize leggings as pants when they have no pockets! ridiculous.

    #5-America is most definitely addicted to corn. By the way the Corn Refiner's Association is petitioning the FDA to have the name of high fructose corn syrup changed to corn sugar.

    I miss you! Life just isn't the same...can't wait til you're here for Christmas.

    PS: everyone should be a sucker for $1/euro books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your everyday observations.

    ReplyDelete