Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A quick life update

This past weekend and week beginning have been alternatively exciting and uneventful. I did end up going to the Fiction Slam on Friday and reading. I didn't pass out, thank goodness, but my knees were shaking! In fact, a friend from class, the super talented Sarah Griffin won the whole competition and a bottle of wine! All in all, it was a successful night, minus the nose congestion. I walked home and promptly went to bed, feeling pretty rough, but not awful. That came on Saturday. Miserable is the word that comes to mind. The boys had a friend visiting and they made me drink a whiskey and go to bed. Have I mentioned my roommates are awesome?

Anyhow, Sunday was much better, complete with a depressing but compelling book for Irish Women's Literature and... a Hugh Grant chick flick. Notting Hill never gets old. Monday, of course, was poetry class. As usual, it was amazing, even if I couldn't really breathe because my head cold was now a chest cold, but still! Today was fiction and it was more interesting than usual. I always love talking about readings for class, but since it's a fiction workshop, I'd rather we talk about what we're working on, and we almost got there today.

This evening, I made scones with crystallized ginger. I have to say, they're pretty tasty. I may even attempt yoga tonight in my newfound industriousness. I may sound like a man, but I don't feel as bad as I sound. Now, it's off to read a few articles for tomorrow's class!




1 comment: